Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fertilization REPORT

My cell phone rang at 8:51 this morning (earlier than I expected). It was Dr. Z, our embryologist. I'm pretty sure I wasn't breathing...in fact, I know I wasn't. My classroom was full of kindergartners excited to celebrate the 100th day of school. Regardless, it was a Zach Morris moment: time stood still.

Dr. Z said that out of the 22 retrieved, 17 were mature (1 more than we were told yesterday)! She ICSI'ed all 17 and...wait for it...wait for it...100% fertilized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in shock. I couldn't even cry. I thanked her no less than a dozen times in our 3 minute conversation. We have SEVENTEEN embryos.  WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. 

Our transfer is scheduled for Monday morning and we're hopeful!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, 100% fertilization is amazing. Hoping we both get our bfp's. Good luck Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!!! Congratulations girl - best wishes for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! I just found your blog. Looked for it a few days ago. Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I can only imagine how happy you are! Good Luck on Monday, and keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...that's amazing news!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you on another IF blog. New to blogging and looking to connect with others experiencing this crazy life. 17 fertilized is a big WOW! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Jessah! Thanks for the sweet comment. We'll have to keep in touch and cheer each other on! Love the blog.

      Delete
  7. I just started reading your blog. I started stimming a few days after you, but had my retrieval just the day after yours, so it's interesting to compare notes. Congratulations on hitting the eggie jackpot!

    http://heartofrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for reading. Can't believe our schedules are so close! I'm about to head on over to you blog. GL and keep in touch. I hope we both get our BFPs!!!

      Delete